People spend more time these days reading Magazines, News Papers, Forbes, Gossips... as they do reading the very book of life (the Bible) . Some have taken the time to break Biblical scriptures in the form of a daily devotional for your ease. A daily devotional basically is an explanation of human connection to the Bible ( A book writen about God.) Practice makes perfect. As soon as you start, you will want to kick yourself for not starting earlier. These are the 5 things a good daily devotional should or most have.
1. Based Only On The Bible: Some you will find a single Bible scripture followed by an explanation of the human connection to that particular scripture, some there is a Bible scripture through out the daily devotional explaining each phrase or paragraph and yet in some you will find Bible reference. The point here is to understand what the writer is trying to explain to you about the Bible.
2. Does Not Contradict The Bible: You will find out that some of the daily devotional on the internet are trying to contradict the Bible rather than try to explain it. Don't read those ones. Look for ones say two that are focused on explaining the Bible. What you want to understand is the Bible not the dailydevotional. So the daily devotional most be in accordance with the Bible.
3. Based On Life Issues: Because we are talking here about the Bible, a good daily devotional most not necessarily be talking about hell, heaven, death. It most be based on every day issues of life like marriages, finding a good partner, living a healthy life. As humans all we know is living, we don't know about heaven, hell, so we should be humble enough to talk about what we know rather than saying somethiung we have no idea about. A good daily devotional writer spends his time searching the Bible for issues related to life.
4. Answer Real Life Questions: We all came and met this world. The only way we can find out things for ourselves is to ask questions. A good daily devotional is not one that is just talking about the Bible but one that is finding out what people are in search for in the Bible and then explaining it to them.
5. Keeps it simple: A good dailydevotional does not go into complicated scriptural explanation but centers itself around the simplicity of the Bible. Some of you might say here ''what do you mean by keeps it simple, life is a complicated process.'' Yes, life is a complicated process thats why someone who wants to take the time to share the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ most keep it to the A, B, C's of English easy to read and understand.
There you have it. The 5 things a good daily devotional most have. There are more, maybe you want to add your own in the comment section. Feel free to do that.
Here is a list of the good ones I already found. You can read these ones or look for your own.